Lean Digital Transformation
A systematic approach to digitally enable processes, across the organisation and address waste continuously.
The ability for any organisation to deliver business value efficiently and predictably is more important than ever. The benefits of digital transformation can certainly deliver this value; however, the process of finding the right solutions that drive transformation costs time and resources. Expertivity have the experienced resources that can facilitate, support and drive the right solution along with your internal team.
What is the purpose of Lean Digital Transformation?
Digital transformation refers to the process of leveraging digital technologies to fundamentally change how an organization operates, delivers value to customers, and creates competitive advantages. It involves the integration of digital technologies into all areas of a business, from operations and processes to customer experience and business models.
Our master practitioners and lean operations consultants have found that many of our clients with processes in need of transformation firstly need to assess the current flow and effectiveness of that process in advance of digitalisation. Otherwise, there is a tendency to automate/digitise aspects of end-to-end process, where the digitalisation does not end up improving the overall performance of the process. By critiquing the whole process first and than adopting relevant technologies, organisations can streamline operations, reduce costs, enhance customer experiences, and create new business opportunities.
Lean Digital Transformation involves
Rethinking traditional business models and processes to take advantage of new digital technologies and discovering the best possible impact that digitalisation can bring to a customer centric end-to-end process. This can involve digitizing existing processes, creating new digital products or services, or transforming business models to better align with the digital age. It also requires a shift in organizational culture to embrace change and innovation.
In summary, digital transformation is the process of using digital technologies to fundamentally improve how organizations operate, create value, and compete in a rapidly changing digital economy. It involves leveraging the power of digital technologies to transform business models, processes, and customer experiences to gain a competitive edge in the market.
The Lean Digital Transformation Framework:
John Shook, CEO of LEI , one of the first people to bring Lean from Toyota’s factories describes the Lean Transformation Model as a house built by five core elements:
- The Situational Approach
- Process Improvement
- Capability Development
- Management Systems
- Program and Process Ownership
Lean Framework key questions for any manager:
- What is the purpose of the change, or the problem are we trying to solve? (Situational)
- How are we improving the actual work? (Process Improvement)
- How are we building capability? (People and Digital Capability Development)
- What leadership behaviours and management systems are required to support this new way of working? (Responsible Leadership, Management Systems)
- What mindset or assumptions comprise the existing culture and what level of process ownership can we develop to drive & support the new mindset in this lean digital transformation?
Expertivity Technologies have
vast experience and proven success in this area and will help
you to develop a Lean Digital transformation programme, specific to your
business needs based on 5 Specific Elements:
- Identifying pain points, process, people, and systems that drive the need for the transformation in individual business units or in end-to-end process delivery.
- Using a priority decision matrix, shortlisting process, and digital improvements which delivery best impact and return.
- Training your team in the Lean process improvement thinking, tools and techniques.
- Adjusting management style by encouraging effective leadership at all levels of organisational hierarchy.
- Developing end-to-end process ownership and process management.
The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.
You cant solve the problem by using the same kind of thinking we used when creating them.
An expert is not someone who gives you the answer, it is someone who asks the right questions
If you have any questions about Process & Digital Transformation please contact us today!
Why Expertivity Technologies?
As Master Practitioners & Lean Operations Consultants we are trusted by top organisations across multiple industry sectors with complex environments to deliver against business priorities ranging from organisational process improvements to expert project management, strategy execution services to help organisations and their people perform to maximum potential.
We have the flexibility and talent to accommodate either short term or long term requirement, and help you deliver your projects better.
Simply put: We have the experience, we have the know how and we always deliver on time and on budget!